River has been a participant in Bitcoin’s Lightning Network since 2019. As of 2022 we have grown into the fourth largest node on Lightning by bitcoin capacity. We now employ a team of four full-time developers who are working on maintaining and upgrading not only our Lightning efforts, but also the Lightning infrastructure for El Salvador’s Chivo wallet.
We have learned a lot from our journey with Lightning, and we are excited to share some of our insights with the industry to help the Lightning Network to continue to develop.
In this report you will learn about:
- River’s Lightning backstory
- The different types of Lightning Network participants
- Channel and transaction routing analysis
- Lightning payment success rates
- Lightning earnings from routing transactions
- Running Lightning infrastructure for business
Or see a presentation from our research analyst: